Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Waiting Place

A couple weeks ago I was reading Jacob books before bed and he asked to read, "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss.  I've read this book countless times over the years, and truly love this book, but for some reason this night a part of it really stuck out to me.  

On his journey, he finds himself in "The Waiting Place".  It's for people "just waiting".  And it just hit me that too often I think I find myself in "the waiting place".  I am always looking for the next thing.  And it's really not productive.  I've noticed this about myself before but sometimes I forget to find joy in my journey.  I always think "things will settle down" or "be easier" after (---) and something else always happens.  And that's just life and I need to stop "waiting" and find joy in this stage and every stage.  

So here is to spending less time in the waiting place - and finding the places where boom bands are playing ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment