Our little Benjamin just can't catch a break. I feel so badly for him. It seems like he just keeps having things happen to him. Ever since the beginning of January he has been congested. But our whole family has had the sickies all month and so I just figured he had caught a little bit of that and it would pass.
But then about two weeks ago he started to get a bad cough. I looked up what the symptoms of RSV were and I read that it is usually accompanied by a fever and Benjamin never had one so we thought it was just a nasty cold. But we started to get nervous that it may be something more. So I took Benjamin to our pediatrician on Thursday and he immediately told us that it was RSV. I got worried as I have had several friends that have had their littles hospitalized over RSV. But he said he didn't think hospitalization was necessary so we were really grateful for that.
We got sent home with a nebulizer and have to do breathing treatments every three hours. The hard thing with this virus is there just isn't a whole lot that you can do because he is so little. The treatments help open up his airways but it is a really slow process. After four days I finally feel like I have noticed a slight improvement.
We have wondered if this was part of the reason why Benjamin has been so fussy the last month and I am sure it at least didn't help. Our poor little guy. So here's hoping that he can finally have some peace soon and some sleep (for all of us!).
No comments:
Post a Comment