Monday, February 6, 2017

Colic

Our little Benjamin has colic.  I don't know why but I've been so hesitant to say it or even think it.  I guess I just don't like the idea of that label and for some reason it makes me feel like saying it means I am saying he is a "bad baby".  Which is silly because I never think that when others say that about their babies.  But I definitely could not accurately journal the last several weeks without writing about it.  

Around three weeks Benjamin started to get fussy...like really fussy.  It has continued ever since.  Benjamin has to be held constantly, awake and asleep it seems.  It has been hard.  It's hard having so much crying constantly.  It's been the first time with any of our kidlets when there are times when I just have to put him down and walk away for a minute.  It's hard not being able to just "fix" the problem.  Daily life has become very long and very boring.  Nothing gets done.  It's sad that I feel "accomplished" when all I have done is get dressed for the day.  So much crying...but we are surviving and hoping the end is near.  

We love our little boy.  We know this is just a phase and there is a happy boy inside there!



No comments:

Post a Comment