Life right now is okay. We are hanging in there. And here are some of the everyday little moments we have had the last week.
We spend a lot of time hanging out in Mom and Dad's bed. The kiddos read and play together, I fold laundry and sometimes we just all lay there together talking about how much we miss Daddy.
One time we were over at Papa and Grammy's house and Jacob got milk all over his clothes right before his nap so he slept like this...
And then when we went home we put him in one of Grammy's shirts and I had to try and not laugh every time I looked at him the rest of the day.
It FINALLY snowed here in Utah! I was ecstatic. It lasted only a day (and mostly just a morning) but we were loving it. We went on a little walk to get the mail and then Jacob played outside by our patio while Sarah and I snuggled.
I love how kids just naturally start to pretend play. The other day I was giving Sarah her bottle and Jacob brought out his bear and laid him down and told him it was "okay" and got a diaper. He put on a diaper and socks and he thought it was the best thing in the world. Then he went and gave him a "bath." Which by the way consisted of him putting him in the sink and giving him a bath toy. It was adorable.
And then we hang out in Mom and Dad's bed some more.
Once a week we go grocery shopping. And luckily Costco has these amazing carts so that the kiddos can sit together and I think it is precious. By the way, this is pretty much how Sarah looks the whole time we are shopping - "deer in the headlights" kind of look.
Also, while we were out, after Costco we went to the grocery store and as I was pulling into a spot I told Jacob that I was "pooped," of course meaning that I was tired. Silly me I didn't realize that Jacob was unfamiliar with this form of the term. So when our male cashier asked how I was doing Jacob said "Mommy pooped." I about died. And then I tried to explain which probably only made it worse. Motherhood - it's a joy. Really, it is.
Or there was that one time when Sarah got the hiccups while we were eating lunch and Jacob AND Sarah thought it was hilarious. They were laughing hard! At least Sarah was laughing hard, inbetween her hiccups.
These are our everyday moments that I am kind of loving right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment