Monday, April 21, 2014

Rho Chi Society

So I have been dying to do this post for the last month.  But Mark told me I had to wait...but it is FINALLY here!!!

About a month ago we found out that Mark was invited to join the Rho Chi Society.  It is a honors society for pharmaceutical students.  It is not something that is easy to achieve at all and I am so unbelievably proud of Mark.  He has worked so hard the last three years.  He never fails to surprise me with how intelligent he is.  But he works hard at it.  And I am so happy that I get to spend forever with someone that earnestly strives to do his best in whatever he is doing.

So Friday was the initiation dinner.  And I was SO excited to have a real "date night."  Mark and I never go out on dates.  Plus, this was a get dressed up sort of date which was also exciting.  But, can I just tell you, I don't know if I have ever changed my outfit so many times before a date!  A couple weeks ago (in anticipation of this event) I bought this maxi dress to wear thinking it would go great for our little date.  However, I put it on that night and...nope, not great.  It was sleeveless so I knew I either had to put a shirt underneath it or wear a sweater.  The shirt underneath option looked way too casual and the sweater just made me look big.  I am sure I was overthinking it but it was a special night and I wanted to look good and make Mark think, "WOOT WOOT she's MY date!"  (Now, just to clarify - Mark is great and always makes me feel that way, but I think all of you ladies will know what I mean!)

I asked Mark if he knew what kinds of things the women were wearing and he pulled up some pictures of past initiations and then I just got even more nervous.  All the ladies were in tight pencil skirts and other business attire.  I don't have much in the way of "business" clothes anyway and I definitely could not fit into them right now (because, trust me, I tried).  I was discouraged.  And after trying on several different outfits I solidified on one and Mark made me feel like a gem so it was a win.  P.S. I don't know why I just went into so much detail on me deciding what to wear but it is kind of funny in all of my insecurities now looking on it - it will make me smile to read it again one day :)

ANYWAY, we dropped Jacob off with the Zurchers and headed to our dinner.  It was nice to spend time together and talk about grown-up things.  We sat next to one of Mark's professors and his wife and they were both really nice.  And Mark got a fancy pin and is now a life-long member of this society.  

So proud of my man.  

2 comments:

  1. after all that I don't even get to see your cute outfit?! haha guys look great. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know, I actually thought the same way when I was going through the pictures. I could have been wearing ANYTHING and it wouldn't have mattered!

    ReplyDelete