Tuesday, April 15, 2014

21 Months

It has been a long while since I have done a post just for Jacob so I decided it was time.  Here is an update on our little BIG man.  

Jacob Scott is doing just swimmingly.  He had an appointment at the doctors this last week so I have got some "official" stats!  Jacob is three feet tall and a whopping 33 pounds!!!  WHAT?!!!  The kid is a GIANT!  Seriously.  Our doctor came in and those were the first words out of her mouth.  It's true.  Well, to us, he is just Jacob, but he is a big boy! 

Oh my goodness, so this is Jacob at his doctor's appointment.  They had me change him into this gown and it was just way too cute.  I should have waited longer to take the picture because he sure loved strutting around in it by the end.  You should have seen the view from behind! ;)
But he is perfectly healthy and (I hope!) happy!  I love his sweet spirit in our home and he never fails to make me smile over and over...and over again throughout the day.  I love watching his personality become more and more apparent.  I don't know if this will make sense, but it is crazy to me how well I feel like I understand him and how he works.  It is just amazing.  I love how in tune we seem to be with one another.  He knows when I need a snuggle or will randomly just come up and give me a "love."  And it just melts my heart and I soak it all up.  I love my little guy.  

Before you think Jacob is a perfect little angel - he does have his moments.  There were about two weeks just a little bit ago that we were definitely not in sync.  It was like tantrum central...constantly.  I just kept asking in my mind, "where did my little boy go?!"  It was a little discouraging at the time.  

One of the many, many wonderful things I love about Mark as a Dad is that he takes his role as father seriously.  He wants to be an active part of raising our children.  I never feel like it's just me.  And after we sat down and talked about how we thought things were going and different ways we could go about doing things, things have been so much better.  I love that.  I love that we work together as a team.

But back to Jacob.  Some of his favorite things to do are have "dance parties," go on walks holding our hands (melts my heart!), folding laundry, reading, and he has also recently gotten more interested in coloring.  It is so much fun having this little guy around.  We love you little man!





1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute post. Have i ever told you that he reminds me a lot of my little boy? In so many ways. I love that picture of him looking onto the kitchen aid. "Oooh, whatcha makin mom!?" So cute!!

    ReplyDelete