However, because of little baby Berning coming we just figured we would need to postpone. But because of Mark's school schedule - plus the baby coming smack-dab in the middle of the summer - it was either go before or after. We just figured it was the smarter choice to go after. But then it hit me yesterday that that plan is really kind of silly. There is no way in August we are going to want to take our very tiny baby too far. I am sure we would just end up bagging the trip altogether and that would make me sad.
SO...we are going in three weeks! Mark is done with school in about a week and a half and then we are moving apartments. So we are going to go the week before Memorial Day. We are both pretty excited about this and even though I will look like a hippo and be waddling all over the place - hopefully we will still have fun! :)
The plan for 2012 was to go to South Carolina. Last year I explained how Mark and I decided on our little family vacations, but I will just quickly recap. We put all of the states in a hat and essentially pick one. There are, of course, rules to all of this but that is the gist of it. Last year was Arizona and we LOVED it! We drew South Carolina for this year, but it doesn't seem too smart to fly across the country so hugely pregnant and so we decided on a place that was a little closer to home.
SOUTH DAKOTA HERE WE COME!
Now, I know what some of you may be thinking (especially my family) - what could possibly be fun to do in South Dakota?! It's not usually considered much of a tourist destination. But this is why I LOVE this idea for our vacations. Planning the vacation is almost as fun to me as the actual vacation! There are fun things to do EVERYWHERE! Anyway, so now I am busily trying to come up with a fun - yet, not too crazy - vacation for us. I am having WAY too much fun planning and hopefully it all comes together okay. Either way I am sure we will have fun. PLUS then we can think of all of the fun for next year when our little boy is going to be with us - WOOT WOOT!

So I love this idea. I might have to steal it for the future! Then I will be asking you what to do in each state!!!
ReplyDeleteDear Elise,
ReplyDeleteIf you don't post a photo of your pregnant self I will fly there and take one myself.
Love, Lauren
Ashley - it honestly, is SO much fun! Obviously this is only our second go-around, but it is so much to plan and get creative. COMPLETELY recommend it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I promise I am not intentionally not putting up pictures of myself - we just haven't been really doing anything to be taking pictures. But with our little vaca coming up - you will see plenty of me and "the belly"! ;)