Yesterday we had an appointment at The Children's Hospital to check up on little peanut. Despite being about the cutest place, Mark and I both hope that we will never have to go back. This was the first time they had us come here to check on our little guy. We were coming to do another check on his heart.
And I am pretty sure that the little guy was not loving the checkup. It was pretty funny actually. We heard the usual comments about him being a little chunky monkey and I guess he is getting pretty smushed up in there and even though I feel like there is absolutely NO WAY I could get any bigger, I am sure he will continue to stretch me. But all throughout the checkup he kept kicking right where the probe was. It was pretty funny actually - what can we say, our little guy has aim!
There was one point at the end of the procedure where we had three people watching. One thing that is for sure about pregnancy - zero privacy. They had a hard time, as usual, getting the views of his heart that they wanted since he is such an active little guy. Kind of makes me laugh, but I probably shouldn't admit that :) Once they were finally finished they took us into another room to "talk."
Mark and I both decided that, this visit especially, was more just stressful then helpful actually. The thing that has been hard with all of this has just been how uncertain it has all been. I don't really know how to explain it. But all of the problems that they have talked about are "possible" problems. There is no way of knowing until he is born. So it's hard to know the line where you try not to stress yourself about what could happen (when there could potentially be zero problems) compared to just not thinking about it at all. I go through spurts of both, stress about it and trying not to worry about it at all. It's a tricky situation. But these visits just keep the "possible problems" right in our minds without giving us any solution.
We just can't wait for this little boy to get here so we can help his little heart if we need to and just love him.
As far as other things going on in our life - there really isn't much to say. We have become EXTREMELY boring these last seven months! I have kind of gone downhill health wise the last two weeks but I am hoping it is just a phase :) More of the same old thing, but we are in the final stretch and just hoping that things go by quickly. Mark has been extremely sleep deprived, pretty much every night, because he has been up so late studying. He works so hard and I am so proud of him. We both can't wait for this semester to be over and to just focus solely on baby bliss :)
I know how it feels to worry! The doctors and Daniel and I were all worried about Talmage the whole time before he was born (and even after). First because I had a uterine anomaly, and second because they found an abnormality on his kidney during an ultrasound, and then after he was born he was in the nursery for a few days because of his low blood sugar. He's totally fine now though. No problems whatsoever. They are very very overly cautious when they find any kind of abnormality in an ultrasound. Hopefully there are no problems with your little guy after he his born. I think the thing that got us through the whole pregnancy was having faith that it was all in God's plan. Anyways, just thought I'd share.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amie. That sounds like it was rough on your end - never a good feeling to think that your little guy could have a problem. But I am glad that Talmage is a-okay. We are hoping the same for our little guy :)
ReplyDelete