Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

We have had a GREAT last couple of days.  This weekend my Mom and sister, Megan, came and visited us.  It was so much fun to have some good, quality time with the family.  And boy, did they spoil Mark, me and (especially) our little guy!  

After having some bizarre crazy flight cancellations, Mom and Megan finally got here Thursday evening.  We went out to dinner and showed them our apartment.  Unfortunately, our apartment is a wee bit small for guests and they opted to go and get a hotel room across the street.  It worked out great though.  

Friday was definitely the day of shopping.  I am not a big shopper at all, but we had fun looking at ALL THINGS baby.  It was so nice to have my Mom there to help with certain things that I just really don't know that much about.  We were VERY productive.  Lucky for Mark, we did this all while he was at school which meant he didn't have to stroll down baby aisles for hours :)  

One of the things I was MOST excited about getting was fabric for our little guy's bedding. I don't know if I am crazy for doing this or not, but I decided a while back that I wanted to make his bedding myself.  I was, again, excited to have my Mom there to help pick out the fabric (she has such a good eye for things like that) and I am REALLY happy with what we found.  

We showed Mom and Megan some of the "sights" and we actually found a CAFE RIO!  I cannot tell you how excited I was to find this.  I never would have thought there would be one here.  It is definitely not conveniently located to us but we might just have to make the trip every now and again :).  Of course we HAD to go there for dinner.  YUMMY!

Saturday was pretty relaxed.  We all slept in and then mostly just worked on the little guy's bedding.  We made quite a bit of progress and, again, it was SO NICE to have my Mom there to help while we adjusted the pattern.  Still have LOTS to do but I am pretty excited!  LOVE how it is turning out so far!

Easter Sunday seemed to fly by.  We got most of dinner ready before church and then just ended up going to Sacrament Meeting.  We came home and ate dinner and then had to take Mom and Megan to the airport.  We were so sad to see them go but SO grateful that they were able to come and spend a couple of days with us.  

It was crazy as they were leaving my Mom said "Next time we see you, you guys will be parents!"  A little scary to think of it that way, but very exciting too.  We are so grateful for both of our amazing families and all of the love and support they give us.  We miss you all!  

And a big THANK YOU again to Mom and Megan for this GREAT weekend - we miss you already!

1 comment: