Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference

Oh my goodness, I LOVE General Conference!  Seriously, the older I get the better conference gets!  Another thing I noticed this conference was either I am getting worse or I am just realizing more about myself and the different roles that I have (or going to have) so that it seems like EVERY SINGLE TALK might as well begin with, "Elise - this is for you...again." 

I am trying to see this as a good thing.  That I am becoming more aware of how I can improve in who I am as a person in general, as a wife, daughter, sister, visiting teacher, etc.  It is interesting too because I never leave conference feeling guilty just a renewed determination to do and be better.  That's pretty incredible to me.  Just another testimony builder that our Father in Heaven doesn't want us to feel bad about ourselves - just reach our full potential.  I definitely have a LONG ways to go but one day at a time, right?

Our conference weekend was VERY RELAXED.  We had cinnamon rolls and pretty much just sat around in our jammies trying to stay cool.  It has been SO HOT here - it was 86 here yesterday!  That is WAY too hot already!  But it was fun just to relax and chat and not really have anything going on.  I make it sound like our lives are so hectic (mine is anything BUT) but we just love spending time with each other, so our weekends are ALWAYS good times.  

It also hit us that this will be the last time that we will be watching conference just the two of us.  Next time we will have a little guy here with us and we couldn't be more excited.  Mark has already said that he will take care of him during conference next time.  I initially thought, "oh wow, I am sure that will be SO nice" but then I realized that that was code for "I will be able to lay on the couch and have our little guy fall asleep on my chest and she can't wake me up!"  When I told Mark what I thought his real plan was he just shrugged and smiled - I know him WAY too well.  Oh well...it will be WAY too cute. 

President Thomas S. Monson
I truly couldn't say which talk was the the one that hit me the most because, truly, after every single one I just felt like it was completely meant for me.  With that though, I am so so grateful to have a living Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, who can give us the words of comfort, direction and peace that our Father in Heaven needs us to hear.  I feel so blessed to live in a time where the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth in its fulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment