I am so grateful for General Conference. It is truly one of my favorite times of the year. I look forward to it almost like it is a holiday. Conference last week was also so great to listen to after an emotionally exhausting week. I decided that I wanted to write down some of my favorite lines from the Prophet's remarks.
I recently had been thinking about what I could do to get more out of my scripture study. So I went onto the Church's website and found a bunch of study aids! PERFECT! I have also been missing my Institute classes. I wish we lived closer so I could still participate in those. So I bought The Book of Mormon Student Manual for Institute classes and have been reading that along with my study of the scriptures. I have LOVED it! I love being able to read commentary given by prophets and apostles in relation to the scriptures. Also, it has been such a positive experience being able to sit and ponder over different questions that they pose in the manual. I am reading in 1 Nephi and a couple days ago read about why Nephi wrote the plates. He did is unknowing the reasons why but believing that it would be a help and a strength to those that did read it. Our Prophets today are teaching and speaking for the Lord. I have made it a goal to really try and immerse myself in their words - as they are for our good and what our Heavenly Father wants us to know now.
I know that we have living Prophets and Apostles who guide and teach us and will never lead us astray. I know that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and that if we but read it and pray to know of it's truthfulness, we will receive an answer. I know our Father in Heaven loves each and every one of us - that we are His children. I know He wants to hear from us, He wants us to be close to Him. And I am grateful for these words of comfort given from our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I hope it gives you even a little boost, like it did for me. :)
"Our Father in Heaven is the same yesterday, today and forever. The prophet Mormon tells us that God is "unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity." In this world where nearly everything seems to be changing, His constancy is something on which we can rely, an anchor to which we can hold fast and be safe, lest we be swept away into uncharted waters."
"We must be vigilant in a world which has moved so far from that which is spiritual. It is essential that we reject anything that does not conform to our standards, refusing in the process to surrender that which we desire most: eternal life in the kingdom of God. The storms will still beat at our doors from time to time, for they are an inescapable part of our existence in mortality. We, however, will be far better equipped to deal with them, to learn from them, and to overcome them if we have the gospel at our core and the love of the Savior in our hearts. The prophet Isaiah declared, "The work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever."
"My beloved brothers and sisters, communication with our Father in Heaven - including our prayers to Him and His inspiration to us - is necessary in order for us to weather the storms and trials of life. The Lord invites us, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me." As we do so, we will feel His Spirit in our lives, providing us the desire and the courage to stand strong and firm in righteousness - to "stand...in hold places, and be not moved."

No comments:
Post a Comment