Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Big 2-3!

I am starting to think that every birthday from here on out is just going to sound like I am getting old!  I know I am not - but 23 is starting to sound very adult like :).

Yesterday was a great day though!  Mark actually had a final in one of his classes.  [To add to the already intense manner of the classes - they condense some of the classes to be done in half a semester - WORK WORK WORK!]  So he didn't have to go in until his test at 1:00 so he slept in a little since he was up late studying and I just did the regular things around the house.

Once he was done with his test - which I am sure he aced because the boy is a genius, I tell you! - we came home and dropped off his school stuff and left for our afternoon of fun.  Mark had another final AND quiz today so I didn't want to do anything too crazy so he could get home and study.  But we ended up going to a little town about thirty miles east of here to their farm.  I thought it was a just a pumpkin patch but they had this HUGE corn maze, inflatables, hay rides and all of that fun stuff.  

Since everything was included in the price we decided we would at least do the corn maze.  It was supposed to be a "kiddy" corn maze so we thought we would just go through "really quick."  An hour and a half later we came out!  It was trickier then you might think - but we had fun and it wasn't busy at all.  Yet another big difference between Utah - Monday night here does NOT = family night.  It almost felt like we had the whole place to ourselves!


We had a booklet we were supposed to complete as we went through.  The rub-ons were our favorite! 


 Serious concentration going on here - tongue out!
 This is the picture of the map of the maze!  It was tricky!  Wish we could have carried this around in our pocket the whole way!

I love coming out this way - even though I miss the mountains I love being out in big, open spaces.  It makes me miss our good ole' country livin' days :)
 

These were some of the "spooky" houses and things they had around the edge.  


After the maze, we took the hayride over to the pumpkin patch part of the farm.  Pretty much all of the pumpkins were perfect!  


After we were done, we drove back into town and had dinner at Chili's - so yummy!  We then stopped by and got frosties on our way home and watched an episode of Seinfeld while we ate our frosties and then opened up some cards and presents.  

It was a WONDERFUL day!  Had so much fun just spending time with my hubby!

1 comment: