We finally squeezed in a family camping trip!
WOOT WOOT!
Mark actually took Friday off so that we could go camping but then we found out our ward was doing a camp out on the same night and so it worked out perfectly!
The kiddos were SO excited to go camping and sleep in their sleeping bags. We stayed up at the Sunrise Campground at the summit of Logan Canyon. It was a beautiful campground and our first time staying there. We pulled in around 5:00 and get settled in.
There was a great turnout for dinner and it was fun chatting and relaxing with friends. The kiddos had a great time running around and playing in the trees. Sarah could NOT wait to go to bed - she was begging to just play in the tent. What a goof.
While I was in the tent helping Sarah and Ben get changed we were talking about sleeping in the tent and Sarah goes, "Well...I thought it was going to be amazing." I love her.
I felt like it got really dark, really FAST! We put Sarah and Ben to bed and Sarah was out really fast (which is completely opposite of what the norm is) while Ben gabbed away. Jacob and I played some "Go Fish" (WOOT!) and it was fun to have some one-on-one time with him.
Jacob headed to bed and then Mark and I played Skip-Bo with Stu and Lindsey. Their awesome family shared the site with us and it was fun to get to know them better (even if we did get hustled by Stu ;))
The night was COLD. And I knew it would be chilly but I was kind of miserable all night. I seriously don't know if I slept at all. I could not manage to get warm. I was in a long sleeve thermal shirt, jacket, Mark's jacket, and under two thick blankets and was absolutely frozen. As I was laying there all I kept thinking was that the kids MUST be just as cold as I was but they all said they were fine. Sarah said she was a little cold but the kiddos all slept great. Meanwhile, Mark slept in a t-shirt and about half a blanket. Apparently, I have a problem.
We did put Benjamin in between Mark and I when we got settled into the tent because he was cold in his pack n' play but he slept fine after that. Except for when he woke up in the middle of the night whispering, "Daddy" over and over in the sweetest voice you've ever heard. It was adorable.
BUT we survived the night and the kiddos had a good time! We ate a pancake breakfast and packed up our tent fast because it was starting to rain. It was a quick little camping trip but I am glad we made it work!






No comments:
Post a Comment