Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving

Oh Thanksgiving...

I absolutely love Thanksgiving.  This year was great, as always, and definitely will stick out I think.  We've had a whole lot of craziness happening around here, but that deserves a post all it's own, which will come soon.  

Sarah and (especially) Benjamin had been sick the days leading up to Thanksgiving so we had lots of snuggles but everything all magically worked out just like it always does.  I love this time to be together and to be more focused on the many blessings that surround us.  

Some people definitely might call me Grinchy for saying this but I really don't like Christmas before Thanksgiving.  I am 100% in the day after, but I really like to focus on the Thanksgiving spirit too.  So this led me to really try and focus the kiddos in on it as well.  I found a great picture book that described the pilgrims and indians and the first thanksgiving and I really enjoyed it.  It took a couple times reading it with the kiddos but I think it helped them understand a little bit about why we celebrate and why it's still important today.  It was great to keep me focused as well.  

I loved listening to Jacob and Sarah explain what they were grateful for.  The first thing Jacob said was that he was grateful for school - which, as you can imagine, warmed my little teacher momma heart.  Sarah was grateful to "play with her friends" and also named probably every individual person she could think of.  This girl loves people.  

Mark expressed his appreciation for his job and the place that we get to live and I was just filled with love and gratitude for each and every one of our little family.  They are my world.  And our thoughts were also turned to our Father in Heaven, whom we know has a plan for each of us individually and as a family.

Believe it or not, this was the best picture we took!  Haha!  Also, more on why we are eating at the kitchen counter later ;)

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment