Friday, December 2, 2016

Thanksgiving

What a year!  Thanksgiving always makes me really reflective about our past year.  And this has been quite the year.  We moved into our new house just days after Thanksgiving last year and I definitely would never have believed that we would have already sold our home and moved and taken a new job in Bear Lake.  

This has definitely been a year of tender mercies.  As hard as 2015 was, this year we have seen the hand of our Heavenly Father in so many aspects of our family's life.  So many things we didn't understand  why had to happen began to make sense and it has been a testimony builder in faith and patience.  

This year, while reflecting on my blessings, Mark immediately came to my mind.  I am thankful every day for this man, but this year has really shown me just how well we work together.  Having him gone so much for the majority of the year made me really aware of how much I depend on him - but in a really good way.  We work so well together and he builds me up in ways no one else can.  I don't know what I would do without him.  And being able to see him every day since we have moved to Garden City with this new job has only confirmed how much I need and love this man.  

I am also so grateful for Jacob and Sarah.  Being a mom is a dream come true and they are so patient and always forgiving with me and my shortcomings.  They fill our family with joy and I love seeing them grow in so many different ways.  It has been so much fun to see their excitement as we prepare for baby brother to come and I am confident they will make great siblings for this new little one.  

I am grateful for the course we had to take with Mark's career this last year.  Even though it was really hard to be separated, amongst other things, it has been made very clear that he had to go on that path in order to get where he is.  We are so grateful to be back working for the company Mark always dreamed of and be able to live in a place where we feel we can raise our family in the ways we want to.

Our Thanksgiving was relaxing and low-key.  Mark and I did make a pretty insane turkey (we brined, we injected, we bagged!) and had lots of other goodies.  We are, again, thankful for all our Father in Heaven has blessed us with and continues to bless us.  



No comments:

Post a Comment