Last week we had the opportunity to go to Star Valley to see their beautiful new temple. It was a perfect fall day and it was really wonderful because Grammy was able to come with us. She was able to come and spend a couple days with us and we loved the time we got to spend with her.
The temple is absolutely beautiful. After viewing a short video at the church we were given the option to either take a bus or to ride horse-drawn wagons over to the temple. I thought it was such a fun idea - you can guess which one we did! ;)
I love taking the opportunity to go to temple open houses. There is something so sweet about being able to feel the spirit of the temple with our little family. I can think of nothing better than being with your whole family in the temple. Sarah refused to put on her "booties" so Mark had to hold her the whole time. She was mostly okay with the arrangement and Jacob was a little angel. Jacob loved the windows which were so beautiful with their stained glass. Sarah had everyone smiling when we went into the celestial room and pointed up at the large chandelier exclaiming, "WHOA!"
We even had an EXTRA bonus while going through the temple when we bumped into my grandparents who just happened to be going through a tour at the same time. It was a very happy surprise!
Afterwards we were treated by going over to my Uncle Dan and Aunt Debbie townhouse. They have been called to be in the Star Valley Temple Presidency and will live there for the next three years. They are such great example to all of us and I admire all of the church service they have given. They treated us to a oh so yummy lunch before we headed back and we loved getting to talk with them for a bit.
I am so grateful for temples. I am grateful for the peace and comfort that is found inside. I am so happy for this community to be able to have a temple closer.

No comments:
Post a Comment