I had a birthday! WOOT WOOT!
Actually, I just love the excuse to celebrate and do something fun together - so this was great!
Mark took the day off of work - isn't he the greatest?! - and we played! It was a beautifully, perfect fall day. Mark made me a yummy breakfast and then we all headed up and did the Limber Pine trail. We love this little hike and it is perfect for our little kiddos. We had fun singing songs and just enjoying the crisp, beautiful day together.
We then kind of lazied about our afternoon while Sarah napped and then Gus and Darlene came up! This was a fun surprise that Mark orchestrated so that we could go on a date. Truly, Mark and I never get to go on dates. In fact, we talked about how old Jacob needs to be before that is permissible to let him babysit! I think we've still got a while!
Anyway, Mark and I had a great evening just the two of us. We headed over to Logan and had dinner at Texas Road House and then strolled throughout The Book Table for awhile. I love my kiddos but there is something amazing at just browsing without having to worry about what the little tykes might be up to! We then headed over to the movie theater and saw "Deepwater Horizon". It was interesting and I was proud that I was able to stay awake the whole time!
We ended the night with some Coldstone Ice Cream and a nice drive back through the canyon. We then caught up with Gus and Darlene for awhile once we got home and I was so grateful for them for coming up to be our babysitters. It was a great birthday treat! I had a wonderful day and am so grateful for the many wonderful people in my life. I feel very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment