Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Valentines

We had a busy Valentine's Day.  I woke up early early to get ready for church and make our traditional Valentine's breakfast - double chocolate waffles with berry sauce - YUM!  Then it was go-time with 9:00 AM church.  We hurried and got to church early because Mark and I were speaking in sacrament meeting.  It was actually really great to speak.  It really helped me put my thoughts even more on a spiritual level with the passing of my Grandpa which had weighed heavily on me the days prior.  I felt really bad though because Mark and I were the only speakers and apparently my talk wasn't nearly as long as I felt it was and Mark was left to speak for 30 minutes!  He did great - and I was just glad it wasn't me! ;)  It was also my first day to teach my Primary class and that was exciting and I am looking forward to getting to know them better and better.

We came home and had some snuggle down-time and then opened up our Valentine's Day cards to one another.  I love this tradition of expressing love to one another in written form.  It is definitely something I treasure and a way I like to receive and express love.  In this stage of our life everything about this tradition is just adorable but I hope that as the kids get older that it will really strengthen their bonds with one another as well.  

That night we had Daniel and Teresa and their family over for dinner and that was great!  We love living close to their family - and Jacob and Emmett love getting to play with each other.  

I love our little family so much.  They truly are my world.  They uplift and stretch me.  They help me every day to become better (I hope!).  I love being a wife and mother and felt so happy that we could spend this day together.



No comments:

Post a Comment