Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Golden Gate State Park

Mark and I are in San Francisco and absolutely loving it!  We decided years ago that we really wanted to go on a trip for our five year anniversary and I am beyond happy that we are actually doing it.  Mark has never been to San Francisco before and I have only been here once (on an AP Art History trip in high school) so it is exciting!  But, really anywhere would be exciting to spend time with this man of mine.  

We arrived this morning and hit the ground running.  We dropped our luggage off at our hotel and - after figuring out how to navigate the city and the buses found our way to Golden Gate State Park.  We headed down first to where the museums are because they close kind of earlier and we didn't want to miss them.  

We went into the California Academy of Sciences and that was so neat.  We definitely could have stayed there all day.  There is a planetarium, aquarium, four-story living rainforest, earthquake simulator and a living roof.  It was so neat to walk around and just be together.  We found ourselves thinking of the kidlets and talking about things that they would think were fun or interesting but we are also so grateful for this time to just be "us" too.  



After this, we walked over to the deYoung Museum.  I remembered going here when I came before for art history but this wasn't the museum I thought it was.  It was still really neat but ended up being a little disappointing because I was expecting to see different things.  Plus, it's not really Mark's thing but he was so patient and good to walk around with me.  

After this we hopped back on the bus and headed to the Golden Gate Bridge.  It ended up being later than we had hoped and we didn't have our jackets and with the sun going down it was getting pretty chilly so we didn't stay long - we will definitely have to go back another day.  


We were also starving by this point - okay, not starving but definitely getting hungry!  Unfortunate moment, we got on the right bus but it was going in the wrong direction!  Boo, so we had to get off and then walk to the other stop to catch a different bus going in the right direction.  Ahhh - it felt like it took forever.  But we finally made it back to Fisherman's Wharf and ate over at Pier 39.  

We can't wait to continue our trip and love this uninterrupted time that we have together.  

San Francisco we are loving you so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment