Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Twin Falls

Mark's schedule is so crazy and unpredictable.  As soon as it is "finalized" I check again and notice that it has changed.  It can be a little frustrating at times.  This week was one of those times when it changed unexpectedly.  They extended Mark for two extra days on top of what he was supposed to work.  So Mark and I were talking on the phone Friday night after he was done with work and he asked if I would come out and visit him.  It's kind of been a long and draining week in a lot of ways and as much as I didn't love the idea of making the drive with the kidlets, I loved the idea of visiting Mark - even just for one night.  We've been wanting to make it work to go out and visit him anyway because I wanted to see what his life is like - especially since he spends most of it there!

The kids did great and we got to Walgreens just before Mark was able to close up.  The kiddos thought it was the coolest place ever - which was pretty funny.  They loved organizing all of the displays and thought it was pretty awesome to see Daddy's picture on the wall.  And it made me so proud of Mark and all that he does for our family.  It's a sacrifice for each of us - and he does a lot.  

Once Mark was able to close up shop we headed over to Cafe Rio for some dinner and then went to the hotel.  Jacob was so excited to go swimming but he could not understand that you could swim anywhere else but the beach.  Jacob associates "swimming" with going to Bear Lake and could not understand why there wasn't going to be any sand!  But we had a great time and we are hoping to get Jacob in some swimming lessons this summer!

Jacob was also convinced that this "big house" a.k.a. the hotel - was all Daddy's.  He loved staying the night at "Daddy's big house".  Sarah was also loving everything about swimming and the big shower afterwards.  It was fun to have a big slumber party and to not have to spend another night apart. 

We ate breakfast together at the hotel the next morning and then Mark headed to work and the kiddos and I headed back home.  It was a great short visit and I am so happy that I have more of a visual of where Mark is when he is gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment