Friday, December 25, 2015

Thanksgiving

Wow...I am so behind!

I love Thanksgiving.  I love the opportunity to reflect on the year, all that my Father in Heaven has blessed me with.  It is a beautiful holiday and I genuinely look forward to it every year.  

This year was busy.  Mark was gone the month of November working up in Rexburg, Idaho.  We spent the couple days prior to Thanksgiving in North Ogden getting our things ready to move.  Darlene made a delicious Thanksgiving meal and we enjoyed being able to spend some time with Gus, Darlene, and Brian.  

This is definitely not a year I would choose to repeat again.  It has been the most difficult year of my life.  I have learned a lot though.  I feel stronger and feel like I have grown a lot too.  That was one of the things I thought about the most this Thanksgiving.  I feel like I have gotten a greater understanding - far from complete - but have learned that trials are why we are here.  I have been told that many times in my life but this year I developed more of a testimony of that.  We are here to learn, prepare and grow and that has been a major theme of this year for me.  And I am grateful for that.  

I am forever grateful that I get to walk through eternity with Mark - that we have gone through all of this together and have grown and learned together.  He is my support and strength.  And Jacob and Sarah bring me so much happiness.  I love my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment