Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Eve

Mark had to work in Twin Falls on Christmas Eve (insert sadness here) but Jacob, Sarah, and I had a good night.  We made sugar cookies for Santa, had our Christmas Eve feast, and the kids got to open their first Christmas present.  We got a new Christmas book, "The Twelve Days of Christmas", and we each got some new Christmas pajamas (or p-jams as Jacob likes to call them!).  This year has been the best yet because I feel like Jacob is really understanding what is going on.  He is so excited and has been counting down the days!




We read our new Christmas story and then read the story of Jesus' birth.  My very favorite moment of the whole night though was after we finished our family prayer Jacob stood up and gave me a hug and whispered in my ear, "Happy Birthday, Jesus."  I love that little boy.  


Mark was able to get home late Christmas Eve.  We snuggled and had "Christmas milk" and enjoyed our evening together again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment