This was such a special Christmas Day. I woke up early so that I could do some studying of my scriptures and read some testimonies of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It was such a simple, powerful experience. I was so grateful that I decided to do that. It really set the mood for me and gave me a great focus for the whole day.
Mark and I were both up and waiting for the kids to get up! It was so much fun to see Jacob when he came upstairs and saw that Santa had come. He was so patient in waiting for Sarah to get up too.
We had a yummy breakfast and then enjoyed the giving and receiving of presents. It was a great morning of playing and enjoying our time together. The only downer of the day was that Sarah was sick. For the first time since we've been parents, we had to deal with throwing up.
The poor little munchkin.
It was a beautiful day. We are thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. In one of the messages I read recently in the Ensign it talked about not only reflecting on the life and mission of Jesus Christ, but also taking the time to really just think about that little baby Jesus. How it was on that first Christmas night. When I think about those first nights I spent with my new babies and how tender and special those feelings were - I am sure it was the same that night. Just quiet, tender feelings.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment