Sunday, October 12, 2014

26th Birthday

Last Friday was my 26th birthday!  For the most part, it was a day like any other day.  But when Mark got home from work he picked up Jacob and they went and picked up some food from Uno Chicago Grill and it was delicious!  

Mark got me some lovely birthday accessories...

Mark thinks I look like I am about ten years old in this picture...he may be right!

I opened cards and presents and I am so grateful for the wonderful friends and family that I have.  Once we got the kiddos to bed Mark and I had some oreo ice cream cake and fell asleep on the couch.  We know...we are that exciting.  

Part of my birthday present from Mark was a date!  He had arranged for the Zurchers to watch the kiddos Saturday afternoon for us.  I was so excited!  Dates (outside of the house) are extremely rare around here so this was quite a treat.  Mark told me Friday so that I could decide what I wanted to do.  As corny as it sounds, I was just really excited to go out and spend time with Mark - I really didn't care what we did!

So what did we end up doing for two and a half hours - shopping.  We just walked around Target looking at everything and talking about the future.  Yep, we are really this exciting folks.  We bought hangers and everything.  Haha, okay, so it sounds not that fun but we actually had a blast just talking and being with each other.  We then walked around Barnes and Noble and ended the date at Jamba Juice.  It was delightful.  

I love this little family of mine so much!  Thank you for everything!


2 comments:

  1. Fun! We do the same thing when we have a babysitter! There is something about doing normal things without a toddler that is refreshing! I bet you had so much fun. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete