I decided that once Jacob started going to nursery that it was time to get him more engaged in our family home evening. I am ALL over the resources the Church has to offer! I got the nursery manual a while back and decided that I would put together little lessons from the manual. I also got this book from Deseret Book that has little supplemental activities that go with the nursery lessons and I love them!
Obviously, Jacob is still in la-la land a little bit but I hope that some of what we are saying is sticking. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love that he recognizes who Jesus is when we look at pictures whether its at home or at Church. Children are such sweet and tender spirits.
So I am loving it. I love that Mark and I have tried to make family home evening a priority from the beginning and see how it's now changing with our changing family. It definitely gives me a warm fuzzy.
The first lesson is about being a child of God. So after we talked for a minute or two we colored these crowns. We each colored one and Jacob walked around with it on his head the whole rest of the night. Oh and the next day, don't worry, he had it back on.
I loved it. I really loved it. Just look at these two cute boys -
can it get better than this?!
No comments:
Post a Comment