Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Goals

I love New Years.  I think it is a great fresh start.  I love reflecting on the year before and dreaming about the year to come.  And I love writing "2014" I don't know why but it's just feels really great right now!

On New Years Eve we sat down to eat this insanely yummy dinner with my parents in Draper and my Dad suggested that we go around the table and talk about some of the memorable parts of our last year and our hopes for the year to come.  I thought it was great.  I loved hearing from different members of my family and what stood out to them and what they are looking forward to for next year.  

When it got to me I jokingly but actually very seriously said that for 2014 I just hope we survive.  This year is going to be CRAZY!  We have so many "I don't knows" for the next year it is a little ridiculous.  The biggest thing on our minds right now is where are we going to be this year.  Come May, Mark will have finished all of his classes (WOOT WOOT!!!) and will begin his year of rotations.  This last week we went and put our preferences for these rotations into the giant pharmacy database and now we are just waiting.  We should know in about a month.  I used to be incredibly stressed about this.  And there is still a measure of stress, but mostly I am just ready to know.  Ready to know and start planning.  We should know in about a month - cross your fingers with us!

But in all seriousness, we really do have a lot of positive things we are looking forward to in 2014.  We have our hopes and dreams for the next year that we are excited about.  Even though I know it is going to be hard, we are excited to get going and see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. That is totally exciting! I know that feeling of the giant question-mark in your path! It is exciting but frustrating! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete