I have been meaning to do a post about our apartment...oh...since last
MAY when we moved! Oh geez, it dawned on me that I have never taken pictures of this apartment. Now, I know this is definitely a post that is probably more for me than for anyone else but I want to remember the place we lived when our family grew from two to three.
Little storytime. When we found out that we were going to have little Jacob we knew we wanted to move into a bigger apartment. We really liked the apartment complex that we were in and so started investigating into their two-bedroom apartments. Our lease on our one-bedroom went until the end of July of 2012 and Jacob was due at the beginning of July. We thought, "hey, we can definitely make it work for a couple of weeks." Although, moving with a newborn didn't thrill my soul, we knew we could make it work.
However, we were watching online to see when various apartments became available and a two-bedroom in the same building was available starting in the end of May. That was perfect! (Also, I guess I should note, there are
22 buildings in our apartment "community" so we felt so lucky that one was opening up in the same building we were already in!) So we moved
before we had Jacob into this apartment. It was so nice to be able to
kind of have everything set up before he got here and feel a little more settled.
So here is the grand tour (it's not really
that
grand, but that's sounds WAY more exciting!)
 |
| We are the top one! |
 |
| Our doorway of...doors. Lots of doors greet you when you enter. Across from the front door is the half bathroom. |
 |
| Our itty-bitty half bathroom. |
 |
| Jacob's room! This is where all of the fun happens :) |
 |
| You round the corner and you enter our living room/family room/dining room...etc. |
 |
| Next to the fridge is the door to our laundry room - I am SO glad we have a washer and dryer in our apartment! |
 |
| Our bedroom. |
 |
Our bathroom.
|
 |
| Our balcony. |
 |
| The view from our balcony - we really do love living by our little "lake." |
Well that's it! Nothing too fancy but it's ours for right now and for that I am very grateful. I must admit when I first looked at these pictures I was a little embarrassed. I kept thinking how plain it was and not very put together everything is. But then something unexpected happened. I thought of this quote by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. I read this talk...
a lot. I know I have quoted it before and I will probably quote it again, but it gives me comfort and makes me feel good. You can read the whole thing
here.
He is talking about being a young mother and he says,
"The apartment is usually decorated in one of two smart designs - Deseret Industries provincial or early Mother Hubbard."
It made me smile when I thought of this because it made me feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be in my life. Looking at these pictures I think of all of the things we have been given by such kind and generous family members. Pretty much everything we have has been given to us and we are extremely grateful. Life is good.
Who would have thought writing about my little home would make me feel so good?! I definitely wasn't expecting that. Tender mercy. Plus, tonight was the General Relief Society meeting and I am just feeling good everyone, feeling good.
Also, just because pictures of people are fun, here are some of us from the last week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment