Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

We hope all of you had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving!  Our Thanksgiving was so great!  We spent some time thinking about our last Thanksgiving - which I think I could positively say was the worst Thanksgiving of my life.  It was right smack-dab in the middle of the worst part of my pregnancy sickness and I was just so sad that I couldn't do more.  Our menu last year was canned peas, instant potatoes and store-bought rolls so we definitely needed an upgrade.  And we did!

We ended up having some friends come over and they ended up inviting some of their friends as well.  I will say, I was SO nervous to make a turkey!  In fact, EVERYTHING that I was making I was using recipes I had never tried before and I couldn't even call my mom because she and the rest of my family were spending Thanksgiving in New York so they were busy doing their own thing.  But the anticipation of making everything turned out to be far worse then actually making everything.

It was a great day though.  And I definitely could not have done it without that gem of a husband of mine!  He seriously is the greatest and helped with everything.  We had dinner and played games and then once we got Jacob to bed we pretty much just crashed on the couch and chatted with some of our family over the phone.

Our little family has so much to be thankful for this year.  Last night, I had a hard time falling asleep and my mind just kept going over the many many blessings that I have.

First of all, I have the best husband and best friend in the world for me.  Mark is truly the best man I could ever ask to spend every single day with.  I feel so blessed in the strength of both our marriage and friendship.  I love how patient and kind he is.  I love how hard he works for our family.  I love the kind of Dad that he is.  I love that man more than I could say. 

I love love love my little Jacob.  He is the perfect little baby and we just can't get enough of him.  You would think after all day with him I would just want a break at night - and yes, that is nice - but Mark and I find ourselves going in to his room, just to watch him sleep.  We love our little boy, we love all the joy that he has brought into our lives, and we love all that we have already learned from him.





We are also so grateful for the rest of our wonderful family.  We have never really lived close to family since we have been married, but especially since we have moved out here to Denver, we have obviously been especially far from family.  We are so grateful for technology that enables us to talk with one another often (sometimes even SEE each other!).  Our families are so supportive and we truly love them and miss them.  Thank you all for everything.

We are grateful for our testimonies.  We are grateful that we have a relationship with our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  We are grateful for scriptures and the source of comfort and strength that they are.  We are grateful for a living Prophet.  And we are grateful that our little family can be a forever family.  

We are grateful that Mark has the opportunity right now to receive the education that he is getting.  And I am grateful that we see and notice that every day.  I am grateful also that I can continue to learn new things through my own personal study.

We have so many other blessings I could just go on and on.  I am just so grateful that we have this time of year to especially dwell on those things that we do have.  I am truly a very blessed woman.  

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Don't you just LOVE how happy Jacob is - what a turkey!

1 comment: