The last week and a half we have been trying to help little Jacob with his sleeping patterns a little bit. He was completely exhausted during the day and just wanted to sleep and sleep and sleep and during the night he was wide awake, just wanting to snuggle and play. His nights and days were obviously a wee bit mixed up. Our pediatrician gave us some tips and Teresa (my great sister-in-law) had suggested this baby book which I had gotten months ago and have loved and pretty much the words "well, the book says..." comes out of my mouth over and over again.
ANYWAY, so we have been trying to keep his naps shorter during the day so that he would be getting the bulk of his sleep at night. And I will tell you what - there has been some rough moments. Not getting more then two or three hours of continuous sleep for over three weeks now definitely is an adjustment for your body.
I am so lucky though to have Mark here to help with it all and we can try and figure it out together. We may be crazy but we actually both get up together throughout the night when he is up. I actually love this because not only is it great as a support to each other but it also gives each of us another person to laugh about some of the funny things he does.
For example...
Jacob makes some of the cutest/funniest little noises. I LOVE THEM! And last night, he started to make this noise like "The Incredible Hulk" while he is eating. It is very entertaining.
He likes to curl up entirely in a ball (also extremely cute) except for he like to have his one arm out and put it over your heart. Seriously, you would think we put it there by how funny it looks - but incredibly sweet as well.
Here are some more pictures of our "sleep training" - good thing this boy is so cute!
| EVERY time we go to burp him he ALWAYS falls asleep and he ALWAYS has to position his arms just like that - pretty much adorable! |
| This is what he looks like when we try and get him up from his nap - just trying to block out the world (aka Mom and Dad) |
| And then he just falls right back to sleep - sleeping while sitting up...NO PROBLEM! |
| Jacob hates it when he can't have his hands up by his face. I must admit I think it is so cute but it does make swaddling him quite a chore sometimes :) |
| I wonder where he gets his sleep problems from? Haha, just kidding. We have to get our sleep in sometime! |
| I left him playing on his blanket for a minute and then he, of course, dozes off when I am not looking...what a turkey! |
Getting Jacob up and keeping him up throughout the day is quite the chore. He does not always respond. Pretty much he is dead to the world unless we get really creative. And I mean really creative, if we have done it once we can't do it again. We try and sing songs, read books, dance, you name it. This is what it looks like.
these stories make me laugh! what a little stinker for being so insistent on sleeping through the day. your song together at the end was absolutely adorable. you two are such great parents!
ReplyDeleteIt's official: I have the cutest nephew and the most adorable brother and sister EVER!
ReplyDelete