Oh moving...what is there to say?!
WE SURVIVED!!!
Last Saturday we {successfully} made our move to Garden City, Utah. It was an exhausting day. We could NOT have done it without so much wonderful help. My Mom came up a couple of days before we moved to Idaho Falls to help with some of the last minute packing. It was so great to have some fresh pizzazz to packing. I had been slowly packing for weeks and was happily surprised with all I was able to do but was definitely getting burned out by it all.
Grandma Dixie also came up two days before we moved to help pack our kitchen. She was a rock star and it was so helpful! And then the day before, Darlene came up to spend the evening with us and to be an extra driver the next day.
THEN the day of I was so grateful for the many many people that helped in so many ways. My good friends, Meagan and Jessica for watching the kiddos, my Mom and Darlene for helping clean, and for the men that came out to help Mark load the truck. Everything got loaded and done so quickly! I was so overwhelmed with gratitude. We have never had so much help moving and it was so needed and appreciated.
Once we finally rolled into Garden City at about 5:00 that evening, my Dad and Gus were there to help unload as were some great neighbors. As exhausting as the day felt, I don't think it could have gone any smoother and I was so grateful for that.
We are very slowly unpacking and I am just trying to remind myself that we are not on any timetable to have things settled. But, I have to admit, the unsettled-ness of it all is definitely getting to me! Patience...patience with myself!
We are getting settled though and are excited for all of the adventures that are ahead of us. Garden City will forever hold a tender place in my heart. It is where Mark and I met, fell in love, and got engaged. It is where we lived the first six months of our marriage. It is where our family began. And even though it was always the dream to return to this place, I still can't quite believe that we are now living next door to where all of those events took place. Life is a beautiful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment