"There is enough that doesn't go right in life, so anyone can work themselves into a puddle of pessimism and a mess of melancholy. But I know people who, even when things don't work out, focus on the wonders and the miracles of life. These folks are the happiest people I know.
God didn't design us to be sad. He created us to have joy! So if we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, hopeful things of life. And sure enough, the world will become brighter.
I discovered faith. And faith led to hope. And faith and hope gave me confidence that one day everything would make sense, that because of the Savior, all the wrongs would be made right.
Faith in the Savior taught me that no matter what happened in the past, my story could have a happy ending.
Faith and hope will open your eyes to the happiness that is placed before you.
'Forever - is composed of Nows.' Faith gave me the hope I needed to live joyfully now!
I exercise faith in God's promises by filling my life with meaningful things.
When we love God, we want to serve Him. We want to be like Him. When we love our neighbors, we stop thinking so much about our own problems and help others to solve theirs.
I know that God lives and that He loves each and every one of you.
As you walk along you own bright path of discipleship, I pray that faith will fortify every footstep along your way; that hope will open your eyes to the glories Heavenly Father has in store for you; and that love for God and all His children will fill your hearts."
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf-
Second Counselor in the First Presidency
No comments:
Post a Comment