Saturday, December 27, 2014

Moving

Moving...not fun.  Not fun at all.  To describe our moving week in one word = stressful.  Mark was in his last week of his rotation and was working on getting things done for his portfolio and so couldn't really help much and I was trying my best to pack while taking care of two small little kiddos.  It was stressful.  

We also decided to load the truck a day earlier and so everything just felt really rushed.  It was crazy.  We were so blessed to have Darlene come and help us with the last of the packing and cleaning of the apartment.  We really could not have done it without her!  We also could not have done it without the help of the Rowleys, our great friends in Denver who not only fed us dinner but helped load our truck!  We could not have done it without them either!

The kids were so patient throughout all of this!  We could not have asked for better.  It was a crazy time and honestly it did not really allow us much time to let things settle in - to really feel what was going on.  

We drove through the night and then slept for a couple hours at my parent's house and unloaded the truck the next day.  It was crazy trying to balance unpacking and getting things ready for Christmas.  We finally feel like we are not living in chaos though so things are looking up!

I made Mark promise that we would never move at Christmas time again!  It was hard and I feel like the season has come and gone and I never really got to fully enjoy it.  It kind of makes me want to cry to think that we will have to pack and do this all over again in six months but it is my very sincere hope that we never have to move again.  I don't know if that is even possible but a girl can hope, right?!

Mark and I still feel like it hasn't really settled in that we have left Denver.  It is definitely bittersweet.  Denver was hard in a lot of ways, more for me than for Mark.  I never felt like I belonged much there.  We did make some good friends and I am grateful for them.  But it was an isolating time for me.  There were definitely some low points there.  But there were also some incredible highs.  Both Jacob and Sarah were born there and we were able to see our family grow.  Mark and I are best friends and we really had to rely on one another in a wonderful way there.  In many ways, it was a beautiful time for our family.  I am so proud of Mark and how hard he has worked over the years to excel in school.  But even more than that, I am proud of how he has been as a husband and father and balancing all of those roles together.  He is an incredibly good man.  

It is sad to see our Denver Chapter come to an end but it is exciting to be moving forward as well.  Living here in Draper will bring it's own challenges and highs and lows but I am confident that we can face them together as a family.  Ready or not, our Draper Chapter begins!



No comments:

Post a Comment