Tuesday, November 11, 2014

2 Months

Our sweet girl is two months old today!  

Sarah is just growing and growing.  The other day I looked at her lying on the floor and it hit me that she is already getting so big!  She is no longer a little newborn!  I feel like she is so tall and am excited to get her official measurements at her doctor's appointment on Friday.  

The last official measurements we got were when she was five weeks and she was 20.5 inches tall (44%), 9 lbs 15 oz (84%), and 37.6 cm (78%) head circumference.  

But we did "unofficial" measurements today and she is 22.8 inches tall (70%), 11 lbs 7 oz (70%), and 39.5 cm (73%) head circumference.

Sarah is only waking up once during the night which is wonderful.  She still struggles lots during the day sleeping but luckily for some strange reason she seems to do just fine at night - so we'll take it!  Keep it up Miss Sarah!

This sweet girl is also smiling now!  I love it.  It's still pretty rare to get a big toothless grin but when we get it - we love it!!! 


Sarah is also holding her head up so well.  I am so impressed.  She is so strong.  She loves holding her head up during tummy time and sitting up while leaning against your body. 

Having two little kiddos is so fun in so many ways.  It has created so many sweet moments that I just adore.  Jacob and Sarah love each other so much!  I just know it!  I hope that they can be close their entire lives.  But it warms my heart when Jacob gives Sarah a love at night and says "love you Saree."  But one of the cutest things is when Jacob holds Sarah.  He just grins from ear to ear and pats her arm and tummy and Sarah grins right along with him.  It is precious.  Just precious. 



Sarah's favorite activity is, by far, snuggling.  She still just wants to snuggle all day every day.  I came across this quote just today and it really struck me.  

"Children are not a distraction from more important work.  They are the most important work."
C. S. Lewis

I completely believe this.  I love snuggling this little girl.  And even though not much else gets done day in and day out, I know these moments are precious.  

Snuggling with Grandpa Clegg

We love you, Sarah.  Happy two months little one. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment