Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

I really love Mother's Day.  I love the opportunity to reflect on the role of motherhood, my Mother, my Mother-in-law, Grandmothers, etc.  Being a mother is one of the most rewarding - if not the most rewarding - gift I have ever been given.  My whole life all I've ever wanted to be was a mother.  It is humbling and wonderful.  And I truly thank my Father in Heaven every day for that blessing in my life and pray that I will be the type of mother that my children deserve.  

I have had many positive examples of motherhood.  My mother is wonderful.  She is selfless, kind, generous, forgiving, insanely creative, and supportive.  She is truly one of my best friends and I admire her in so many ways.  I am grateful for my wonderful second Mom.  She raised Mark to be such a kind and supportive man and he blesses my life every single day.  He wouldn't be who he is without the love and guidance of his Mom.  And she has always been so welcoming to me ever since the first day I met her (at Cafe Sabor in Garden City - do you remember?).  I am very grateful for such a wonderful second Mom.  

I am so grateful for the women in my life.  For sisters, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, and friends who are just superstars.  I love the bonds of sisterhood.  And I am grateful for such a special day to think about all of those beautiful relationships.  


No comments:

Post a Comment