Friday, December 13, 2013

Cold

Now, I actually love the cold.  I'll take the cold over the heat any day.  However, last week/weekend we got really cold.  I normally love this weather.  There is something just cozy about it being cold and snowy outside and your warm and bundled inside.  However, our apartment is really drafty.  And the cold just sneaks into all of the doors (and we have four doors leading to the outside in our apartment [who does that?!]) and the windows.  Jacob and I stayed inside all week.  And I mean all week.  We went grocery shopping last Monday morning and we didn't leave until Saturday night when it was our ward Christmas party.  And still, somehow, someway we got the cold.  

Jacob was draining fluids.  I couldn't keep up with his nose.  And then there was the coughing and sneezing and then the inevitable happened - Mark and I got sick as well.  Boo.  

So we were just kind of a sick bunch this week.  The cold though has left and we are all slowly feeling better.  Mark had his finals this week and is currently finishing his very last one.  I am so proud of that boy.  He works and works and works and never complains.  He is a good man and I am one lucky girl to have him.  

The silver lining in all of this is we have had an enormous amount of snuggle time (Jacob and I that is) and I have tried to maintain a fairly consistent round of hot chocolate to Mark while he studies.  AND at least we got sick this week and not next week when we'll be packing and making our travels to the great state of Utah.  WOOT WOOT! 

So here's to be warming and cozy this winter...even if sometimes we get a little cold too!

No comments:

Post a Comment