Monday, April 9, 2018

Jordan River Temple Open House

Sunday evening, Mark headed back to Garden City and I drove down with the kiddos to Draper.  We had already planned on coming down Monday and we didn't see any reason to drive back to come down the next day.  So Mark went to work Monday, then drove back down Monday night so he could be with us Tuesday, and then drove back Tuesday night so he could work Wednesday.  He's pretty awesome.

We came down to celebrate my Mom's birthday and to see the Jordan River Temple Open House.  It was so much fun to get to celebrate my mom and get lots of one-on-one time with her.  We had already gotten tickets to the open house for the morning and we felt a little bad because my parents and sisters were all going later that afternoon.  As wonderful as it would have been to be all together, I knew late in the day would have been a lot harder to have reverent children. 

The temple was beautiful though.  This was my temple during my youth (the Draper Temple wasn't dedicated until my freshman year of college) and so it was really neat to go back and see all the parts I hadn't seen before and how they changed some of what I knew.  

Plus, it is totally worth it to me to spend that time in the temple with our family.  I pray for the day when we can all be together in a dedicated temple when they are older.  The temple was beautiful and enormous!  

DOUBLE Plus, it was the first time we've gotten Sarah to put on the booties so that was a win!  We talked about it before and she went right up to them - no problem!  Right next to us was a little boy, probably her same age, who wasn't wanting to wear the booties (which has ALWAYS been us before) and Sarah just looked at him and then looked up at me and said, "He's whining.  He needs to listen to his mom."  Oh brother...

Can you feel the love in this picture?  Yea, my neither.  But, it's there, I promise.  




No comments:

Post a Comment