Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Swimming Lessons

This last month Jacob has been doing swimming lessons for the first time!  I've meant to put him in for YEARS and it just hasn't happened - so I was really excited to get him started.  

We decided to go down to Logan to do them at USU.  They have a great program and I was really impressed with it.  Jacob did really well and his confidence in the water has definitely grown.  And he passed his class!  







The two biggest skills he worked on were entering independently, using the steps, and traveling at least 5 yards, submerged up to his mouth and blowing bubbles for at least 3 seconds, they safely exiting the water.  The second was while in shallow water, gliding on his front for at least 2 body lengths, then rolling to his back and floating for 3 seconds, then recovering to a vertical position.


We are proud of you buddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment