Yesterday we decided to head out and explore some of the area around Ogden. We drove over to Eden to do the North Arm Wildlife Trail. When Mark and I read about this trail online it had all of these positive reviews and we were really excited.
But the trail was a complete BUST! Mark and I love hiking and I don't think I have ever been on a trail where I really couldn't say anything positive about it. It was completely overgrown and at first we thought it was fun, pretending like we were walking through a jungle and then it got...a little too jungle-y. We were getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, getting stuck by thorns and then we started seeing snakes!
I think the snakes took me more by surprise than anything. The area was a "wetland" so I thought about the possibility of seeing snakes but the area was so overgrown you couldn't see anywhere you were stepping most of the time and were just pushing stuff out of your face to even pay attention to anything else. But then all of a sudden Jacob calmly pointed to a snake right by his foot. Uggg...we then saw several more before what little trail we had completely disappeared and we had to go back the way we came. It was a bummer. We were all wet and didn't really get to "appreciate" nature as much as we wanted to. But it was definitely an experience!
P.S. The pictures I took do not at all give an accurate description of how overgrown the trail was! I took the pictures when it was still fun and jungle-like - not during the snake infested, not so fun part of the trail!
No comments:
Post a Comment