Last night Mark and I went on a date! Like, not a watch a movie together at home on the couch, or play a rousing game of Monopoly but an actual outside of our apartment date - with just the two of us!
It was pretty awesome. We never go out on dates. Really. The only time we go out is when we go and visit family because we have many excited babysitters on call - aka my sisters. So this was really a treat.
Mark's birthday is at the end of this month and a couple months ago he told me that Ray LaMontagne was coming to Denver and playing at the Red Rocks Amphitheater. I knew that this was the perfect present for Mark as he was dying to go. I am not a concert person - something about people getting completely drunk and crawling all over each other just doesn't appeal to me. But Ray is one of only like three people I make the exception for. We love his music plus one of his songs was our wedding song so that has to count for something!
We were so lucky that one of our friends was able to watch Jacob for us last minute. Mark and I went out to dinner to Cinzzetti's which is an Italian buffet in which I am not sure if I have ever ate so much! The food was amazing - we just couldn't stop! There was a salad bar, pasta bar, pizza bar, meat and vegetable bar, soup bar, crepe bar, pastry bar and gelato bar! WHAT?! It was amazing. We were in heaven. Let's just say we left uncomfortably full - and I hope little sister takes some of the pounds that I gained last night from eating it! :)
We then headed to Red Rocks. We did a hike here a couple years ago but they have a huge amphitheater where they have concerts as well. Mark has always wanted to come for a concert. I am so glad we did. We had great seats and despite getting rained on pretty good off and on it was an amazing time. My back even held up better than I expected for sitting on a cement slab for three hours! So WOOT WOOT!
But as I said, the concert was amazing, he played lots of his "old" stuff which is our favorite and we got to just be the two of us for a couple of hours.
Love you hun - can't wait to celebrate your birthday more in a couple of weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment