I love my little family. My whole life this is exactly what I wanted. I have always felt like I was a simple girl with simple dreams. All I ever wanted was to be a wife and mother. Really - that's it. Of course there are things that sound fun to do but when it all boils down to it if at the end of my life if people thought of me as a good wife and mother and that was it - I would be content with that.
And sometimes you just have those moments when everything just kind of slows down and you become more and more aware of those special moments in your life. I swear when Jacob giggles my world stops. I never tire of that giggle. It just melts my heart. Those big belly laughs. Yes. Life is pretty perfect in those moments.
I love Mark so much. I love the simple ways that Mark shows me he loves me too. He's not really a big gesture kind of man - which I actually like. I don't have to wait for flowers or a fancy date to know that he loves and cares for me. It's the simple, every day things that he does that just lets me know I am cared and loved. I love that not a day has ever gone by when I have doubted either of our feelings for each other. He is truly my best friend and the man I am lucky enough to spend forever with. What more could you ask for?
I love that our little family genuinely loves to be with each other. I love that we are content to stay at home in our pajamas and play all day or go out and do something more active. And whatever it is - we love it because we are doing it together. That's pretty amazing. I feel like it is such a blessing.
I cannot even begin to say how excited we are for this little girl to join our family. I can't wait to get to know her. To find out the little person that she is. To see the love in our little family grow.
Although this time in our family life is a little crazy sometimes and there are so many unknowns in our future still, I have so much to be grateful for. I am surrounded by love - genuine love for one another. And that is a blessing I wish upon anyone no matter their stage of life. To be surrounded by people they love and share that love with one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment