Monday, January 21, 2013

Butterfly Pavilion

January's family fun day was going to the Butterfly Pavilion.  It was really small (and pretty pricey) but we still had fun.  We spent about an hour looking around at their three little exhibits. 

The first one was definitely our favorite - "Wings of the Tropics".  They have over 1,200 butterflies flying in this room and it is beautiful!  They are landing on your shoulders, heads, pretty much everywhere.  However, the sneaky little beauties never stayed long enough for us to ever get a picture but it was fun nonetheless.





Next we saw their "Waters Edge" exhibit which is incredibly small with only four or five underwater creatures to look at but we were able to pet some starfish and a horseshoe crab.



Finally, we went to their "Crawl-A-See-Em" exhibit where it had all of the creepy crawling creatures.  We looked at cockroaches, beetles, bees, and LOTS of large spiders.  Their main tarantula is named Rosie, they let you hold her.  I kind of feel like one of us should have held her - but I just couldn't do it.  And when I asked Mark if he wanted to he replied that he had done it before and that was probably enough.  Maybe Jacob will be braver than us one day :)



Happy family fun day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of Jacob "touching" his toes. He is such a cutie! Not to mention, it's a pretty cute outfit he's wearing. Thumbs up to the aunt (...I mean completely random person) that gave the big guy that! ;)

    ReplyDelete