Wow, I am a sad at how awful I have been about blogging this last month. Although I must admit, there hasn't been too much to blog about. We have just been plugging along and basically living for the time when Mark can be done with his first semester and we can go home and spend some wonderful time with family.
I guess as far as "catching up" goes, Mark is doing incredible in school. I just want to brag about that boy all the time. I am so proud of him. We just found out minutes ago actually that he got a 100% on his last exam in one of his classes! Who does that?! The kid is a genius. He finished his classes yesterday and has three finals next week and then he will be done. WOOT WOOT! His next semester doesn't start until January 17th, so he will get a nice - well deserved - break :)
Nothing too exciting to report on my end. I wish I had more to say, but mostly I have just been incredibly antsy to go home and spend time with our families. I have been really lucky during the last four and a half months since we've been here to not be too homesick. I feel lucky in that, talking to so many women that have been in my position before we left for Denver, and I was bracing myself for a lonely and kind of miserable time. Luckily, I have been immensely blessed to have a husband that is so incredibly thoughtful and supportive and always manages to find or make time to be with me.
Thanksgiving though kind of hit me hard. Once we set down to (our pretty pitiful I must say) Thanksgiving dinner I was sad not to be with family and at how "normal" our meal felt knowing the feasts that we had both grown up having. In fact, once we sat down to say the prayer, I just started laughing to keep from crying by how silly it felt. But we concluded, things can only go up in years to come. Luckily, I felt like I set the bar pretty low for future Thanksgivings :)
However, this year we have SO much to be thankful for. It's hard to even imagine how much has changed for Mark and I in the last year. For Thanksgiving last year we spent it together with my family, but we were still just dating at the time. So we got engaged, married, I graduated from college, Mark got accepted into pharmacy school, we've lived as a married couple in three different places already, moved to a new state, Mark started pharmacy school and I got a new job. WHEW! That is a whole lot of change for one year!
There has been so many "ups" for this last year. I feel like we have been incredibly blessed. I am so grateful for our wonderful families that have supported us in every thing that we have done this last year. We couldn't have made it without you! I am also so grateful to the friends that we have, most of whom we left, but we talk and think about all of you frequently. I am also so grateful to have the plan of our loving Father in Heaven. I certainly don't know where we would be without His guidance throughout all of these HUGELY major decisions we have made this last year and in the years to come. There is so much peace within the gospel.
I could easily make this whole post about all of the things I am so grateful for this year but I will save the rest. Mark and I had planned to go up to Estes Park (the same place we had gone to visit the Stanley Hotel in October) on Friday and stay the night (NOT in that hotel though). But Mark had an exam on Monday and we thought that maybe we should just stay home instead so he could study.
Saturday, we had reserved tickets to go and see The Christmas Carol downtown. I absolutely LOVE going to the theater. It was fun to go and just get away for a couple of hours, even if it was just to go downtown. The show was great and I was glad we went.
Saturday also happened to be our nine month anniversary. After the show, we splurged and went out to dinner. It was nice to go out to dinner. Again, so grateful for Mark and that we can do these things together. Love him.
And I really hate to say it, but that afternoon was pretty much the most exciting thing we have done in a month! We are doing good though. Can't wait to go home on Friday!!!
P.S. I am so irked with myself, but I haven't taken a single picture all month of anything! So unfortunately, the story of our life is all I have to share :)

No comments:
Post a Comment