Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ray LaMontagne Concert

This last weekend we went down to Salt Lake to go to the Ray LaMontage concert and it was AWESOME!  Mark had found out that he was coming to Salt Lake and we knew we HAD to go.  He is our favorite artist to listen to - and in fact, he was probably the biggest building block to us starting things off together because he isn't that well known and so when we both liked him it started things going :) 

Anyway, so we decided to go down for the concert.  We went down and stayed with my parents in Draper on Friday and we had a lot of fun (as we always do).  Friday night we had a Father's Day dinner with my parents, us, and Megan (Melina had to work).  It was nice just to spend some time together as a family. 

Saturday morning we woke up early and my mom and I canned some strawberry jam and syrup.  I am so grateful to have a mom that can teach me how to do these fun new things and I hope are all things we can someday pass on to our little kiddos.  But we had a lot of fun and we go done what we wanted to - so it was a SUCCESS!

Mark and I did some shopping in the afternoon and used some of our Target gift cards from our wedding (since we don't have a Target close we have to save up for these times).  We got a new couch cover and some pillows and a pretty snazzy blender which we are pretty excited about. 

Then we headed up to Salt Lake for our concert.  It was at the Salt Lake Library Amphitheater. 

We definitely stayed entertained the WHOLE time.  The music was AWESOME!  He was one of those people that actually even sounds better live compared to a CD.  It was pretty incredible.  Plus the people watching was pretty entertaining - I could have sneaked a picture of everyone and it would have been pretty funny, but I just snook one of our favorites.  Check out those flared tie-dye pants! 
But as I said, Ray was great!  He played 19 SONGS and we loved every single one of them.  He is a talented man.  It was a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have one song by Ray that I have absolutely loved since I bought it! He is a great singer. Looks like it was a good concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is GREAT! I only had one song from him too and then Mark got me hooked! Love ALL of his stuff!

    ReplyDelete