Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter

Easter this year was so wonderful!  We were able to go up to Soda Springs and spend Easter at my Grandma Dixie's house.  My family came up as well as my Uncle Wayne and Aunt Dori and their family.  Grandma prepared an Easter feast that was so yummy and I am pretty sure we laughed the entire time we were there.  Megan was particularly in rare form and was making us all laugh with her stories and commentary on different subjects.  It was a simply perfect day. 

It did make me a little sad to realize on the drive home that I feel like these moments are not going to be as common as they are now once we move to Denver.  I guess I will just have to soak in all of them as much as I can.  I feel so blessed to have a family that is so much fun and where we can all share our appreciation for what our Savior did for us.



President Thomas S. Monson said:
"No words in Christendom mean more to me than those spoken by the angel to the weeping Mary Magdalene and the other Mary as they approached the tomb to care for the body of their Lord: "Why seek ye the living among the dead?  He is not here, but is risen.

With this pronouncement, those who have lived and died, those who now live and one day will die, and those yet to be born and yet to die had just been rescued. 

As the result of Christ's victory over the grave, we shall all be resurrected.  This is the redemption of the soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment